Thursday, April 26, 2012

Risky Business: Extreme sports

At first, I chose this sport because the name caught my attention and I had never heard about it. Also, all the other sports made me uncomfortable because there were too many risks or simply heights involved. However, when I started my research about Zorbing, I was very curious about how it worked out. Zorbing is an extreme sport of rolling downhill in an orb. There are two types of orbs, harnessed and non-harnessed. The first is constructed for a maximum of three riders, while the second one carries up to one or two riders. 
As I said before, Zorbing is usually practiced downhill, but it also can be done on a level surface, which gives the rider more control. Sometimes ramps are built, when there is an absence of hill, inflatable, wooden or metal ramps. 
It seems to me to be a very exciting sport and not dangerous after all. I would love to try it out someday. I just need to find a hill...



Zorbing in Pigeon Forge in Tennessee:

No comments:

Post a Comment